Financial support for businesses to pay people in situations where they cannot work from home and need to stay at home while waiting for a COVID-19 test result.
What is it?
The Payment is a one-off amount of $350 for each eligible worker (full or part time) that is unable to work from home while they are staying home waiting for Covid-19 test results.
Who is it for?
- For a person, employee or self-employed, that is staying home while waiting for their own Covid-19 test result.
- Can also be for a parent or caregiver of a dependant that needs to stay home while waiting for a Covid-19 test result
- A household member or secondary contact of someone who is a close contact to a person with Covid-19, and the worker has been advised to stay home while waiting for the close contact’s test results
Test must have been taken on or after 9 February 2021. The payment can be applied for up to 8 weeks after the test, but not retrospectively if the test was taken before 9 February 2021.
Payment cannot be paid for workers who:
- Doesn’t have Covid-19 symptoms and involved in routine testing or not been notified through contact tracing to stay home
- Are returning international air crew
- Are currently overseas
- Are staying in managed isolation facilities
- Are an employee of a State Sector organisation or SOE
Business can’t apply if receiving other Covid -19 wage subsidy or leave support scheme payment for the same worker.
Application must be completed by the business, not the worker. The self-employed or contractors can apply directly.
Payment can be applied for once in a 30 day period (for each eligible worker)
Apply online using MSD online form https://www.workandincome.govt.nz/covid-19/short-term-absence-payment/how-to-apply.html#null