The Framing Rooms are looking for expressions of interest in their second Collectible Art Sale. It will feature New Zealand Artists and include traditional and contemporary work. Their aim is to gather together a dynamic mix of artworks that people find exciting and that they would love to own. They are able to exhibit up to 40 artworks at a time.
What is considered collectible?
Collectibility concerns factors such as the status of the artist, when in the artist’s career the artwork was produced, the condition the work is in, provenance and current trends.
Valuations will be very helpful in knowing what price a work should sell for. There is the possibility that Neil Roberts (experienced Fine Art Valuer based in Christchurch) can come to Nelson and offer this if a group of people are interested.
How The Collectable Art Sale will work
- A catalogue will be available on our website and the gallery will show the artwork for 2 weeks.
- Publicity will be organised including email marketing
- There will be a preview day and an opening
- The artworks will be sold on a fixed price basis. This will be agreed on between the owner and The Framing Rooms.
- When an artwork is sold and paid for it can be taken from the wall.
- The Framing Rooms takes a 20% commission on sales and payment is made the week after the sale is over.
- The owners of the artworks can be anonymous
Insurance : The Framing Rooms does have insurance but any artwork priced at over $1000 must have a valuation to be covered by our policy.
Their first Art Sale for Ann and John Hercus was very successful and really enjoyed by visitors to the gallery. They are looking forward to working with other Nelson art lovers on this second event.
If you would like to be involved please email Gill Starling at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 548 3991 or call into visit the gallery at 96 Collingwood Street (opposite The Free House).